Lake Storey was constructed during the years of 1927 and 1929, by the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway. The lake was erected so that locomotives would have soft water to run through them, as the City Reservoir was considered too harsh for the boilers and pistons. The Lake was originally named "Santa Fe" but later renamed "Lake Storey" for W.B. Storey, President of the Railway. In 1952 the Santa Fe Railway Company deeded the lake over to the City of Galesburg.
LCRLakeStoreyGalesburgIIlinoisGreat Accidents in Photography Larry Richey PhotographyIllinoisLake StoreyLandscapeLarry Richey PhotographySpringUSA